Unanswered: Video Rental Dbse

hello all,

i need help with a video rental dbse that i'm doing as a school project. there is no inventory involved. if the client ID exists in teh database, then i should be able to add rental videos to teh database. if the client does not already exist, then create a new account.

so far i have a tab object in my form, the first tab is client info, and the second tab is account details. in the account details table i have these fields: Date, Time, Title (text) and Notes (memo). I want the Date Time fields to be automatically filled with teh current date and time. the date is correct, but problem is, it shows the wrong time. i checked my PC's clock, it shows the right date-time. so why do i get the wrong date-time stamp in my dbse?
    the other thing is, as soon as i enter one record, access automatically creates a new record below it with a date-time stamp... but since i have nothing more to add, the title and notes fields remain blank.

also, how do i create a unique account id based on client info (lastname, firstname, telephone, etc.)

can someone help me out with the project, perhaps send me some sample database? any kinda help would be appreciated. my email is lastknightess@yahoo.com

Have you checked your BIOS clock also?
    Ryan
    My Blog

hmm, no i haven't... will try that. thanks.

anyhow, have u any sample databases that i could look at for ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by lastknightess

also, how do i create a unique account id based on client info (lastname, firstname, telephone, etc.)

Wouldn't an autonum field be fine as a unique id?

Multi-Field Primary Key/Index

Quote Originally Posted by lastknightess
    You can create a multi-field primary key using the indexes menu item in design view of your table.

If you don't have to use to base your primary key on your data fields, an autonumber field is the appropriate thing to use.

Hope this helps!
    http://AccessDB.Info

You live and learn. At any rate, you live. - Douglas Adams