Payments join table

Hi, our company is a service company that delivers items similar to a courier service. Payment doesn't have to be made at the time the delivery is requested and made and can be payed for later. As such, the payments can cover many deliveries and each delivery may have many payments. So I need to create a join table that I will call payment details. What fields should I have in payment details? What should I put in the payments table?

Any other suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks, Sam

Need to have a bridge, also called relationship table called DeliveryPayment which has the primary keys of the Delivery and Payment tables to link them and allow the many to many relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by topdotter
    Payment doesn't have to be made at the time the delivery is requested and made and can be payed for later. As such, the payments can cover many deliveries and each delivery may have many payments. So I need to create a join table that I will call payment details.
    1: a delivery can have many payments and a payment can haven many deliveries. Many to many.

2: a delivery can have one payment and a payment can have many deliveries.
    One to many.

What scenario covers paying for a delivery more than once? Does your company allow part payment for a single delivery? Otherwise I'd say its a one to many relationship.