Unanswered: Apply changes in each tab in Forms 6i???

Hi,

I'm rather new to oracle forms and i have a problem.

It is possible to apply changes in each tab in Forms 6i?
    I want to have 3 buttons to control the form which contains the 3 tabs (ok, cancel, apply). With apply i want to save changes only in the tab that i'm currently in. COMMIT or COMMIT_FORM saves all the changes made in all the tabs.
    What kind of "commit" should i use in order to save changes in the current tab?
    I have tried to use STANDARD.COMMIT and it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance,
    krisztina

no, you can't do it. commit will commit everything in the form, as a single transaction.
    Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Club him over the head with a fish, he'll leave you alone.

this means there is no possibility to do what i want?

not really. if the three tabs each has a separate block, you could clear the other two blocks to prevent them from committing, but then you lose those changes. You could make all the displayed fields non-database fields, and only copy the data to the non-displayed database fields when that tab is being committed, but this won't well with inserts. You could make the blocks into "dummy" blocks, based on queries instead of tables to allow querying, and then loop over all the records in the block of the proper tab, updating or inserting as needed. Better approach would be to break the form into 3 separate forms. The basic approach is that a form contains everything you need for a logical transaction, with a common commit or rollback point.
    Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Club him over the head with a fish, he'll leave you alone.

Thank you very much for your answer. I think i'll do what i should have done from the begginig, to separate the forms (i wanted very badly to use the tabs but in this case i'll go with the simple way).

Can u tell me what is the purpose of the STANDARD.COMMIT? It seems to insert somewhere the records..but i don't know where... .

Thanks a lot again,

krisztina

Provided Answers: 4
    "standard.commit" means that a COMMIT is part of the standard package ... nothing special, actually. Works just the same as simple "commit".