Exclamation Unanswered: DB Schema for a weblog / cms

Hey,

I am looking to make a mysql schema for a weblog / cms that I am making. I am trying to think about something that is small but works together. I am wondering how I would go about doing this, can someone help me? I am relatively new to mysql table creation, well not specifically creating the tables but, in terms of generating the correct syntax and tags for use in mysql and such with PHP.

if you install and use phpMyAdmin to create the tables on your development PC you don't need to worry about syntax so much as all the options are presented. you can use phpMyAdmin to change your table design/schema by adding/removing/renaming table fields, etc.

for further assistance on the actual tables, post some of the data items you wish to store and mention any relationships.

e.g. for a weblog you be looking at a TEXT field to store the text, each record would have a unique id using auto_increment, a creation date/time, and the name/alias/userid of person that post/created the item. further you might associate each post with a section/thread/forum name.

Well I am looking to have fields of this sort:

• User Name
    • Password
    • Real Name
    • Email Address
    • URL
    • Settings
      • Site Settings
      • Comment Settings
      • Template Settings
      • URL Settings
      • Display (of posts and articles) Settings