Unanswered: Email people from Table

My imagination could just be running wild.

I have a database that tracks peoples training and date of completion. I set up a query and report that displays the people that are within 30 days of the due date. I would like to be able to send a preset email message to those folks that are found in the query. Anyway to do this?

Thanks

You need the Outlook and the Office library to be selected in the DLL reference, then you can email to selected addresses. You can also find a sample code on the Microsoft website.

I forgot to mention that you must have MS Office to select these references
    Last edited by ineuw; 08-01-04 at 02:40. Reason: More infor. .

I tried the example on MS website. Didn't work to well. Access couln't find Outlook 11.0 library.

Is there an easier way? Right now mt DB is pretty simple. I have one table lablled Military Roster. When I run a the query AT!MonthWindow, it displays the names of people that need training within 30 days of their due date and their email address. How can I set up access to allow me to send email out to only those people that are identified in the query.

Thanks for any help. I have about 2 days of experience with access now. So a idiot proof solution would be greatly appreciated.

Outlook is the only email engine in Access that I know of. The file you ought to be looking for in references is \Program files\OfficeXX\MSOUTL.OLB. From your reply, I assume that you're using Office 2003, but, you can also use the library from Office 10 (XP). Also, look for it on the disk drive and/or the CD and copy it into the Program files Office XX folder. Then, select it in references. It's not unusual for Microsoft to overlook or misplace a library during installation.