Thread: amateur

Unanswered: amateur

Hi,

I am very very new to Sybase. I've a sybase Adaptive server 12.5 installed on Sun solaris. I usually access it using telnet on my Win2000 machine.
    In this the main query is:
    1. Is there anything like "clear screen" once I enter the isql prompt? Like there is "clear screen" in sql plus.
    2. Is there anything like more, to control the scrolling in case the output is too large? (something like |more in UNIX).

Now for the technical part. I've Sybase Adaptive Server 12.5 on Sun Solaris. I want to set up a sybase client on my win 2000 machine, but i am facing problems with it. Whenever I try to ping the server from dsedit/sybase central, it gives an error and window disappears. I feel it is to do with the port. My server is at a remote location. Is there anyway I can know the port number for that server? Any ideas?

An early response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kashyap

1. Is there anything like "clear screen" once I enter the isql prompt? Like there is "clear screen" in sql plus.
    1> !! cls
    or
    1> !!clear
    2. Is there anything like more, to control the scrolling in case the output is too large? (something like |more in UNIX).
    use sqsh freeware, similar to isql.

Yes, ask your system administrator to send you the copy of the interfaces file from the remote server. This will have the port number.

http://anime.goodnanoav.com

Need more info about Visionary manga ? You are welcome here ☞ MANGA: Need more info about Priest manga? You are welcome! .