Unanswered: LINKSERVER3.DBCLN3.Schema3.table3

Hi,
    I've to retrieve information from MS SQL Server linked server table(from Pervasive SQL). I found this query "select * from LINKSERVER3.DBCLN3.Schema.table3" what's Schema in the query? How do you find it? Thanks for your time,

Jay.

Solution

Well found the solution myself. I read in another forum that I can leave the Schema part blank and it worked.
    LINKSERVER.DBCLN..cdtbl1

However my data retrieval is very slow bcoz of some other reasons. My pervasive sql database is on Netware server and my MS SQL Server 2000 is on a windows 2000 server. I'm connecting pervasive sql through linked server in MS SQL Server. when I try to open any table it's very slow. Any ideas?

Jay.

Provided Answers: 4
    What's slow? Is the same query slow through the PCC? WHy are you using a Linked Server? It's going to add complexity to the situation. What version of Pervasive are you using?
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

PCC slow

When I try to open table in PCC it takes forever to open . I have Pervasive v8.0 sp1. Well I've been using SQL Server for an year for a web application. Pervasive(basically Anasazi) is our database for client information. Now I have to join tables from both SQL Server and Pervasive. Whether it adds complexity or not I have to use linked server. You understand now?

Thanks,
    Jay.

Provided Answers: 4
    If PCC is slow, then there might be something in the network causing the problem. How are you connecting to the Novell server (TCP/IP or SPX)? If you're using SPX, you might consider switching to TCP/IP. If you're already using TCP/IP, check the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Pervasive Software\Communications Requester\Version 8\Settings
    The values you are looking for are SatEntryX where X is a number starting at 0. Remove all of the SatEntyX Values and then also change the "NumSatEntries" to 0. If that doesn't help, consider updating to Pervasive.SQL V8 SP2 (v8.6) and opening a support incident with Pervasive.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.