Unanswered: Need help with controls for a "search Page"

I would like to design a search page for my database. I want to be able to type a serial number into a search text box, hit enter or hit a "Search" button and have the results displayed on a 2 or 3 page tab control.

The serial numbers are contained in a column in the primary info table and they are the PK. This table contains the information that I want displayed on tab control page 1 (name address etc.) and I would like it in "Singular Form". The serial number is also a foreign key in the order history table.

I want tab control page 2 to reference the complete order history for each individual serial number (still pulling the info from the number originally typed in the text box but coming from a different table.) This can be in continuous.

Lastly, tab control page 3 will pull from a 3rd table similiar to tab 2. This can also be in continuous.

This is also no entry allowed and I have not been able to crack that code either. I just want the user to look but not touch.

I am a novice so if you could "for dummies" the help, that would be great!

Thanks
    Scott

Hi, I think that I have done a similar thing, where by instead of tab pages I have different combo lists that display values depending on whats in the first combo etc

Could you post your database for me (and anyone else) to look at this?

Mght have found work around but still have problems

Unfortunately its at work and I am unable to post it. I might have found a work around. I configured my combo box to "Look up values that I type" and this seems to be working.

I took a "combo box" and put the remaining fields from the table onto a "Tab control". On the second page of the tab control I used a "sub-report" for the other associated data.

My only problem now is that when I am in the combo box and hit the enter key, the first time i hit it it brings up the correct information but if I hit the enter key again it begins to scroll through the records while not changing the value displayed in the combo box. I think I need to change the form to a dialogue but not sure if that will work. Also not sure how to have the combo box be blank when the page opens. I know that new record would do this but I don't want this to be a data input page.

Thanks for the help.

Scott

Not sure if this would help you...
    On my form, when I update the first combo list, I have a visual basic code that refreshes the 2nd and 3rd combos. You might want to try this to refresh your combo box.

Combo Box 1 is called Val_Cateory
    Combo Box 2 is called Val_TrainingCourse
    Combo Box 3 is called Val_Trainer

Private Sub Val_Category_AfterUpdate()

On Error GoTo Err_Val_Category

Me.Val_TrainingCourse.Requery
    Me.Val_Trainer.Requery

Exit_Val_Category:
    Exit Sub

Err_Val_Category:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_Val_Category