Unanswered: Generate report by row not column

Hi
    I would like to generate a report in Access which will generate a recordset by row. In other word, it would like a report look like the following
    Team A
    A1 A2 A3
    A4
    Team B
    B1 B2 B3
    B4 B5 B6

Thank you very much.

Provided Answers: 1
    You may be able to do that with a subreport. Normally you could just change the width of the report to something smaller then the page and have it repeat. However, you can't set the width for just one section. Try using Team as a header, and use a subreport int he detail section. Set the subreports section width to as small as you need it.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Thanks Teddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy
    You may be able to do that with a subreport. Normally you could just change the width of the report to something smaller then the page and have it repeat. However, you can't set the width for just one section. Try using Team as a header, and use a subreport int he detail section. Set the subreports section width to as small as you need it.

I did a report like that recently. You will need a subreport for all the Team members that is in several columns. Then you will need a report for the teams. The subreport can be divided using Page Setup. If you goto File/Page Setup when you are designing the subreport you should see the last tab is Columns. Just set up the number of columns you want, and how much space between columns. The somewhat tricky part is getting it to all fit on the report without Access trying to warn you that all the data won't fit. Just keep the margins in mind and add the column widths, and the space between the columns.

Thanks DCKunkle

Quote Originally Posted by DCKunkle
    I did a report like that recently. You will need a subreport for all the Team members that is in several columns. Then you will need a report for the teams. The subreport can be divided using Page Setup. If you goto File/Page Setup when you are designing the subreport you should see the last tab is Columns. Just set up the number of columns you want, and how much space between columns. The somewhat tricky part is getting it to all fit on the report without Access trying to warn you that all the data won't fit. Just keep the margins in mind and add the column widths, and the space between the columns.