Unanswered: Open form so it does not open maximized

I have never really figured out how to have a form open so it is not maximized upon opening. I do not want the form to modal. How do I do this?

This is the code that is opening my form:

DoCmd.OpenForm "formManageDistributionList", acNormal, , "[DocumentID] = " & myDocId, , , Me.DocumentNumber
    Last edited by ottomatic; 08-03-04 at 14:03.

Quote Originally Posted by ottomatic
    I have never really figured out how to have a form open so it is not maximized upon opening. I do not want the form to modal. How do I do this?

This is the code that is opening my form:

DoCmd.OpenForm "formManageDistributionList", acNormal, , "[DocumentID] = " & myDocId, , , Me.DocumentNumber
    Hi,

I have a CommandButton that opens my forms for me and this is the code I use to open them just the way I designed them:

Code:
     Dim stDocName As String
        Dim stLinkCriteria As String

stDocName = "frmInventory"
        DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
    Generally a form will open in whatever way you save it in DesignView, it should retain the same size the next time it opens.
    Also I have another form set to open with this code:

Code:
       DoCmd.OpenForm "JobCharge",acNormal, , , acFormAdd
    That code also resides behind a CommandButton with no special settings on the actual form itself. If you still have problems, attach it on here and I will try to fix it for you.

have a nice one,
    Bud

I have tried everything and it is not working. I am not able to send you a copy of the database.

Would it matter if the form is in continuous view? Would that make it open maximized every time? Right now I have to code a '.restore' in the on open event but that is visible to the user...

I set the pop-up property of the form to 'Yes' and that seems to fix my problem. It should have anything to do with it but oh well.

to unable maximize just diable that button....Also are you designing in maximize? i found out that for me the size of that forms window in design view is the size of the form in normal view..
    Ryan
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by rguy84
    to unable maximize just diable that button....Also are you designing in maximize? i found out that for me the size of that forms window in design view is the size of the form in normal view..
    Hey rguy, exactly the point I tried to state above. There is no code I ever used to make a form stay the size I designed it. Only code to Maximize if need be. Did you check that out otto??? If it's not a real design heavy form try creating another from scratch and see what happens. Do ALL of your forms exhibit this behavior???

Bud

Quote Originally Posted by Bud
    Hey rguy, exactly the point I tried to state above. There is no code I ever used to make a form stay the size I designed it. Only code to Maximize if need be. Did you check that out otto??? If it's not a real design heavy form try creating another from scratch and see what happens. Do ALL of your forms exhibit this behavior???

Bud
    I know that I sometimes design maximized, and when Iopen the form it os maximized. did i do what now? Yes all forms do the form size = window size not the boundery size.
    Ryan
    My Blog