var sidebar_align = 'right';
var content_container_margin = parseInt('290px');
var sidebar_width = parseInt('270px');
Unanswered: Need MDX help (in Microsoft Data Analyzer)
I'm really frustrated becuase it appears that Microsoft Data Analyzer's support/compatability with "standard" MDX is pathetic
I need to calculate the following but just can't figure out the "~Aspect ... " logic which Data Analyzer uses:
1) I want to create a Year to Date total of Sales. Regardless of the selected time period (whether it's Jan or Nov), I want this YTD total to return the total sales for the selected year
2) I want to calculate the total sales in the previous time period i.e. let me try to explain in detail
- if the selected time period is Year, this should return the total sales of the Previous Year
- if the selected period is Qtr1 of a year, this should return the total sales of the previous period i.e. Qtr 4 of the previous year
- if the selected period is Qtr 2 it should return the total sales for Qtr 1,
- if the selected period is say Oct of 2004, it should return the total sales of Sep 2004.
Can someone PLEASE help me with these.
Many & Billions of thanks.