Question Unanswered: how to disable user from editing in enterprise manager

I have couple sql servers. Users need to login and view tables and stored procedures, for that they use enterprise manager, recently one of the user logged in to one server and accidently stopped another sql server through service manager.
    How can I prevent user from accessing service manager but still be able to open enterprise manager ?? I would like also if it is possible to hide from user view certain things like dts packages, jobs ,etc
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pkrol
    I have couple sql servers. Users need to login and view tables and stored procedures, for that they use enterprise manager, recently one of the user logged in to one server and accidently stopped another sql server through service manager.
    How can I prevent user from accessing service manager but still be able to open enterprise manager ?? I would like also if it is possible to hide from user view certain things like dts packages, jobs ,etc
    Thanks

Group policy or a local machine policy will restrict any software from being run.
    if you want to disable certain components from the enterprise manager you can create a custom mmc and by using the taskpad feature create a taskpad that only allows access to the menu options that you specify.
    it will be time and labor intensive to create the taskpad with all of those options but you can lock the taskpads up to where they can only display what you dictate.
    you will then have to remove or place ntfs permissions on the enterprise manager mmc directly so that the user cant open the original mmc.