Thread: Find Button

Unanswered: Find Button

I have created a simple database have name(s) in one field because of the nature of name structure. I want to allow users the ability to search the name field containing any part of thier input. I created a button, on a form that works fine for one search but when attempting to use it a second time, the user gets the following message "The control 'open submission form' the macro is attempting to search can't be searched". Any ideas? I'm still very new to databases.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon049
    I have created a simple database have name(s) in one field because of the nature of name structure. I want to allow users the ability to search the name field containing any part of thier input. I created a button, on a form that works fine for one search but when attempting to use it a second time, the user gets the following message "The control 'open submission form' the macro is attempting to search can't be searched". Any ideas? I'm still very new to databases.
    Hi Falcon049 and Welcome to the forum.

If you could for my sake restate your question a bit clearer. Not quite sure I get all of your problem. Or Attach a copy of your database on here.
    Are you saying you have a TextField for names, and wish to search for names by inputting ANY amount of data to find it? Did you create your own CommandButton? What is the actual Macro that you attached to it? How is it set to be used the second time? Is it clearing out all of the data from the Previous search? Questions, questions....

Hope you're having a great day,
    Bud