Unanswered: Access Plan Graph

I'm running version 8, FixPak 3 on Windows. For some reason, now when I run a query in Command Center and have "Create Access Plan" chosen, Command Center isn't generating an access plan at all.

The thing is this was working just fine a couple of weeks ago. I can't think of anything I've done that would cause this to break.

If anyone has experienced something similar or has heard of something like this, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
    Anthony Robinson

"If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor here. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So, pretty please - with sugar on top..."

Provided Answers: 5
    Check to make sure that the option to automatically generate the Access Plan is turned on. From Command Center -> Options, goto the Access Plan tab and make sure that the option is checked.

Andy

It is turned on...that's the problem...
    Anthony Robinson

"If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor here. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So, pretty please - with sugar on top..."

Does it do anything if you run the following simple query:

select tabschema,tabname from syscat.tables

Andy

nada amigo....

Yesterday I was runnning very simple queries with the same result: select * from TABLE, etc.

Kinda weird.

Should also note that the EXPLAIN tables are there and I do have permissions on it (db2admin).
    Anthony Robinson

What happens if you delete all the data in the explain tables?

Andy

Seems that all the explain tables were completely empty
    Anthony Robinson

What happens when you try executing the queries to get an access plan while logged in as the instance owner?

Andy

Same thing...

Using db2admin who is the owner of the instance/schema, has dbadm, sysctrl, etc. privileges....

Noticed that nothing is getting written to the EXPLAIN tables...
    Anthony Robinson

I've seen something similar when the Explain tables were generated at another version of UDB. We had to drop and just reran the explain as dbadm to have new tables created.

Hope that might help.

The version of DB2 is 8 - not using two different versions.

Droppd the tables that were already out there....

I'm able to generate Graphs and Explain statements with my other tools, just can't do it with Command Center?!? What gives ?
    Anthony Robinson

I suggest you contact IBM on this issue.

Andy