Question Unanswered: A table in a record, or something to that effect. Possible?

Hi,

I've been recently selling lots of items on eBay and plan to expand a lot more. It's getting to the point that keeping track of buyers, prices, products, shipping and so forth is getting complicated, so I started making a database. The basic format is this: I have a "CUSTOMERS" table, which obviously keeps cutomer info (address, name, email, etc.), an "INVENTORY" table where I keep track of my products, and a "INVOICES" table/form that I can use to enter tables, so I can see who bought what and when. This is just a basic overview, as I will likely add many more features as necessary and as I think of them.

Anyways, I have it mostly set up but my problem is with the invoices. What I need to do is have a new table for each invoice, to store qty and item(s) sold for that transaction. For each record in "INVOICES" I want to spawn a new instance of a table that we will for now call "PURCHASE" and would contain the headings SKU, PRICE, and QTY. So if a person buys multiple products from me at once (in one invoice), a copy of the table "PURCHASE" unique to that specific invoice will be stored in that invoice's record containing that sales information. A table in a record.

I have heared of this, and it seems like an issue that would arrise in a mil
    lion common uses for a DB, so there must be a way to do it. It's probably a relationship thing, rather than creating a new form each time, but I am pretty new to access, so I'm stuck.

Any help at all is appreciated. Thank a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by stoanhart
    What I need to do is have a new table for each invoice, to store qty and item(s) sold for that transaction.

For each record in "INVOICES" I want to spawn a new instance of a table that we will for now call "PURCHASE" and would contain the headings SKU, PRICE, and QTY. So if a person buys multiple products from me at once (in one invoice), a copy of the table "PURCHASE" unique to that specific invoice will be stored in that invoice's record containing that sales information. A table in a record.
    No you don't. In the purchases, or whatever table you want to list items bought in invoices, put a field for invoice number. Then make a query or filter the table to only list items that are associated with the invoice. Then when you add items to the invoice set it to include the invoice number.

Creating a table for each invoice would be serious overkill not to mention inefficiant.