Unhappy Unanswered: Warn About Duplicate records

Hi guys.

I have a database that records training courses and the evaluation forms from them. The system works fine except that I now have support to input this and therefor laziness and user errors!

The main problem is that rather people are half finishing a course, exiting, coming back and instead of re-opening the course, they are creating a completly new course!

i.e. instead of :

FIRE AWARENESS - 1st Aug 2004 - Trainer1 with 12 evaluations

I end up with this:

FIRE AWARENESS - 1st Aug 2004 - Trainer1 with 5 evaluations
    FIRE AWARENESS - 1st Aug 2004 - Trainer1 with 5 evaluations
    FIRE AWARENESS - 1st Aug 2004 - Trainer1 with 2 evaluations

Not good when it comes to reporting!

I could easily work around and say no duplicates but sometimes I'll have two courses on the same day - same trainer - same location. No duplicates would mean this is impossible.

Is there a way that once a user has inputted all four values, Course Title, Venue, Date and Trainer. that a warning would pop-up saying "this course has already been created - Do you wish you return to the previous course or create a new course"

PLEASE HELP!

Yes. There are numerous ways ... Depends on how you want to do it ... Basically check if the course exists and pop a message box.
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Yeah, thats what I had thought of, but rather than just a warning appear, I would like two buttons to appear on the message:

This course already exists, do you wish to create a new course, or return to the previous course

Button1) Return to previous - I.e. disregard the current record and select the previous

Button2) Create a new course using the duplicate values.

Any ideas on how I could do this?

pop the message using msgbox and then use the vbyesno constant. THen in your code check for vbYes and create a new record or if the result is vbNo then simply exit out.

[code]
    varRtn=msgbox "You got duplicate!",vbYesNo
    if varRtn=vbYes
    'Create New Record
    Else
    'Exit out
    Endif
    /[code]