Question Unanswered: Linking Subforms

Hey All,

I have a database with three tables: 1) employee demographics with EmployeeID 2) employee specialties with SpecialtyID and 3) EmployeeID & Specialty ID. My tables are fine and the main query I run off them for searches is fine. All data is linking up as it should based on the relationships I have set. Now, data entry is another problem. I have a form where I can enter staff demographics easily enough using text boxes. However, I am having trouble entering the specialties for employees, which uses a combo box and list of specialties. I tried using a form based on the EmployeeID & SpecialtyID table with two subforms for the Demographics, linked to the main form, and Specialties, unlinked to anything, and it half works. The employee demographics come over but the specialty IDs are not linking and as such not showing correctly in the table. Should/Can I link the 2nd subform to the main form and if so, how? Thanks in advance!

Okay I think I have recently delt with a similar situation. Listen to my scenario and see if it is the same problem you are having and I will give you my solution.

I have a graduation database it is supposed to keep track of all the children, their parents name and contact information, and the items/packages they have purchased.

I have 3 tables to make it work properly...
    Parents
    Kindergarteners
    Items

I have a form that has all three of them on it.

I had to order the form by the parent form.

You are basically needing your main form have 2 subforms right?

Let me know. I have had to write this while at work so I dont know if it made much sense. I am now off so I cant quite take the time to make it more detailed.

JS
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs

Yeah, that's it...I need to figure out how to link the second sub-form somehow...

Tell me how your query is setup. I will get together an answer for you.

JS
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs

Red face Re: Linking Subforms

I have information from all three tables in the query. The first table (tblEmployees) is linked to the second table (tblEmployeesSpecialties) by the field EmplID which appears in both. The third table (tblSpecialties) is linked to the second table (tblEmployeesSpecialties) by the field SpecID which appears in both tables.

I'm attaching the database if you need further info. Thanks in advance for the help!
    Attached Files Attached Files