Unanswered: Is there another way on opening a form???

I'm using MSAccess and i'm about to open another form so I used... docmd.openform "frmName"... I just want to know if there's another way to do this in access. Can u please give me another way of opening a form in MS access. Any help is highly appreciated!!! thanks in advance!!!

Why would you want another way to open a form? Is there a special reason for asking this?

Quote Originally Posted by laine
    I'm using MSAccess and i'm about to open another form so I used... docmd.openform "frmName"... I just want to know if there's another way to do this in access. Can u please give me another way of opening a form in MS access. Any help is highly appreciated!!! thanks in advance!!!
    OpenForm action in a macro

Create a shotcut and put it on the Desktop. That will open your data base and then open the form

Make .bat file that has the filename for the shortcut and run the bat file from a RunApp action in a macro

Put the form name in Display for StartUp option

Use macro

Create a macro in acces that open the form you want. Then store the macro as "autoexec"
    Next time you open the database it will automatically open your form

Sincerely
    Vestigo

Opening a form in Access. That depends on where you are in Access and what you are doing. To simply open a form without much work just create a CommandButton with the Wizards on to open the form of your choosing. THAT is the SIMPLEST way. Do you want a more Complex way to do a simple task? How about creating a Hyperlink in your database to open a form? How about creating an EventProcedure to open a form when the user does something in particular. Using a macro is ok, but why go with the old way, VBA in Access is kinda easy, besides it's been said someday in the future, Uncle Bill is going to rip out Macros anyway, so learn VBA while you can.
    I hope one of these suggestions has helped you out.

have a nice day,
    Bud

Using a macro is ok, but why go with the old way, VBA in Access is kinda easy, besides it's been said someday in the future, Uncle Bill is going to rip out Macros anyway, so learn VBA while you can.

I will be back to boxes of cards

Mike