Unanswered: Master - Detail - Detail

Anybody had something like this to solve?

Company1
    -Department1
    --Employee1
    ---Salary200401
    ---Salary200402
    ---Salary200403
    --Employee2
    ---Salary200401
    ---Salary200402
    ---Salary200403
    -Department2
    --Employee1
    ---Salary200401
    ---Salary200402
    ---Salary200403
    --Employee2
    ---Salary200401
    ---Salary200402
    ---Salary200403
    --Employee3
    ---Salary200401
    ---Salary200402
    ---Salary200403
    Company2
    -Department1
    --Employee1
    ---Salary200401
    ---Salary200402
    --Employee2
    ---Salary200401
    ---Salary200402
    ---Salary200403
    --Employee3
    ---Salary200402
    ---Salary200403
    -Department2
    -Department3
    --Employee1
    ---Salary200403
    Company3
    -Department1
    --Employee1
    ---Salary200401
    ---Salary200402
    ---Salary200403

It is relatively easy to make database tables to have all this data linked.
    Also, MS Access has tools to solve data entry easy.

But - to have this (view, change) at webpage - does not seem to be such easy.

Now - I am thinking about few solutions - first to have one single page - to go forward - deep to salaries and back to Companies.

Another solution is to have pop up windows (more than one window of course). It can be problematical - more than window sometimes can be very confused for unexperienced users.

Next solution that came after this is to have one single page, but with something hierarchical, means with three or four subwindows, frames and when user choose one company he/she would get data in other windows just for the company. Also, similar to that - Departments, Employees, Salaries. Real Master - Detail.

Next step would be to use + and - at the left side of those frames, to expand or reduce them like in Windows Explorer.

Anybody saw any similar example anywhere?

Thanks!

Yup.. SQL JOINs, then use ASP to mark a change in records. If the company changes, code it to display the new company name... if the department changes, code it to display the department name, etc, etc, etc...

So logically, each record returned from your SQL will have a company, department, employee, and salary. Each iteration of the loop you should be looking at the current record values, and the previous record values (which you can store in variables, overwritten each iteration), then determining what has changed, and outputting the text appropriately.
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Any example? Anywhere? I did explain the problem - if there is possibility to make page(s) anyway I did describe.

Uh.. yeah.. did you read my post above? I detailed how you would do this. It's impossible to find something that will do exactly what you need since everyone's applications are different...
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Agree with you, I am just trying to find some example similar enough to the problem I mentioned. Of course I cannot expect the exact example, but just master - detail - detail example in one page.

I can't show you an example as it was an internal app, but what I did with this was have a master record at the top, with a table below with the level 1 detail records as rows below it. For the record 2 level details I used a pop up generated by clicking on the level 1 detail row.