Thread: Database Size

Unanswered: Database Size

I have created a database with about 5 forms, 2 tables, 4 reports and the same amount of querys. There are no pictures in it. the size of the database (no data in it at all) is 54Mb. this does not seem right. Another database with more forms and more other bits is showing as exactly the same size. Is this a problem or a simple mistake on my behalf?

Quote Originally Posted by col_bol
    I have created a database with about 5 forms, 2 tables, 4 reports and the same amount of querys. There are no pictures in it. the size of the database (no data in it at all) is 54Mb. this does not seem right. Another database with more forms and more other bits is showing as exactly the same size. Is this a problem or a simple mistake on my behalf?
    Gotta remember that every activity comsumes space (expands the DB file) .. So just run a compact & repair and the database should shrink right back down ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

did you try to compact the database? 54MB indeed too much for a database without pictures. how many records you have in tables?
    ghozy.

MMMmmmm

I originally created 370 rows of data but then deleted them all. this may have had an effect. I'll create a new table and compact and see if that helps.

Thanks

Thnaks

It worked - down to a more manageable size !