Unanswered: Formula as Default value

I have a default value of Now() for field of a costumer order record for a customer. The customer order record is a subdata sheet of the customer record.

Now. When I save a record that has a field with a formula such as NOW() it shoud save the value entered for NOW() (which is the result of the formula). BUT IT DOESN't@!!!

Tommorrow when I view that record it will show tommorrows date, or, NOW(). Even though that record has been changed@!!

Cand somone help

Is the default set at the table level or the form level. It sounds like it is at the form level. If so, is the textbox bound to a field in the table or is it unbound? Check the ControlSource is it '=Now()' or is it a field name in your table?

If the =Now() is bound on the form and not the table, open your table in design view and set the default to =Now().

Yes, on a form level.

So I need the default on the table to be now? Roger roger.

default value of a field in table level assigned only when a new record created. it is default value for new records. if you want to update each time a record changed, you should update it in before update event of the form. ofcourse if this is what you want to do.
    Last edited by ghozy; 08-09-04 at 16:19.
    ghozy.