Unanswered: SP backup & version control

Version Info
    UDB Version 7.1 on windows 2000.

Functionality required
    1. A script that will copy all the stored procedure from a database to a folder in windows 2000
    2. Suggestion of any version control software for SP that is closely tied to UDB

Welcome all ideas and suggestions

You are the creator of your own destiny!

select text from sysibm.sysprocedures where procschema = 'procedureonwer or what ever your cretiria > spv11.sql

example

procschema is 'TEST'

db2 -x " select text from sysibm.sysprocedures where procscema = 'TEST' " > spv11.sql

you can extract all procedures scripts into spv11.sql

hope this may help you , let me know if any questions

Thank You

Lekharaju Ennam
    Lekharaju Ennam
    Certified Oracle8i & DB UDB DBA
    Florida A&M University

If the procedure is greater than a certain size (don't remember what it is exactly) , the above statement may trucncate the SP text ...

To work around it

db2 -x "select specificname from syscat.procedures where language='SQL'" | while read spname
    do
    db2 "export to /dev/null of del lobfile $spname modified by lobsinfile select text from syscat.procedures where specificname='
    $spname'"
    mv $spname.001 $spname.db2
    done

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

famudba thanks!

Sathyaram thanks for your input.

I get what you are trying to do but i am unable to run the script the way you have mentioned.

I did put everything in a runscript.sql and the looping especially the WHEN READ SPNAME does not work. I am a newbie in script wriring. What kind of scripting is this (MSDOS script etc). Can u please eloborate how to write the script? I do understand the stuff you are trying to achieve but unable to make it work. Is there any website or pdf that I can get my hands to understand udb scripting?

hmmm ... not sure ...
    Actually this is korn shell script (ksh)

Try this

db2 -x "select specificname from syscat.procedures where language='SQL'" > splist.txt
    cat splist.txt| while read spname
    do
    db2 "export to /dev/null of del lobfile $spname modified by lobsinfile select text from syscat.procedures where specificname='
    $spname'"
    mv $spname.001 $spname.db2
    done
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Provided Answers: 1
    In Windows command shell that would look something like this:
    Code:
    db2 -x "select specificname from syscat.procedures where language='SQL'" > splist.txt
    for /f  %%f in ("splist.txt") do db2 "export to nul of del lobfile %%f modified by lobsinfile select text from syscat.procedures where specificname='%%f'" & mv %%f.001 %%f.db2
    Last edited by n_i; 08-11-04 at 12:55.

n_j thanks! I figured out from the help command in DOS prompt.

But I have a question. My desktop is windows 2000 and I have installed KORN shell. I would like to write a sample KORN shell and run the shell under DB2CMD window. Can somebody walk me thru an example of how I can accomplish this. Remember I am newbie in KORN shell but have excellent knowledge in DB2:-)

An example with mix of db2 commands and korn shell specific commands would be excellent!

Sathyaram,

Thanks for the url.

Well I am in my $ prompt. Copied the script db2_tspace.ksh to my /tmp directory

$ -ls does list the script

but when i run the script like

$ db2_tspace.ksh -d clnt

I get a message
    $ db2_tspace.ksh[72]: db2: not found [No such file or directory] error when connecting to database clnt

However, at db2cmd window
    CONNECT TO CLNT
    works fine!

Am I missing something???

The path is not set ..

Check the %PATH% in your windows command line ... Make sure you include all the db2 related directories in the $PATH in ksh

BTW, are you using cygwin ??? In case you are, you will find information on using it with db2 in www.db2click.com - scribble pad section

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Sathyaram,

Thanks! I ran the same script in CYGWIN bash (born again shell) and it worked like a charm.

The UWIN implementation of korn shell is buggy and I removed it from my computer.

This case is now closed. Thanks for all you wonderful people for helping me!