Unanswered: DB2 Certification

I'm planning to appear for 700 Certification in about 2 weeks. I downloaded 6 tutorial from the IBM site. I also attempted mock test at selftestsoftware and got 81%. I'm not using any books for the test. Is that fine ? Please also tell me how different are the actual test questions compared to the questions at selftestsoftware.com

Regards,
    Raj

I haven't seen the sample tests since they moved from the IBM site to selftestsoftware.com, but when they were on the IBM site, the questions were very similar, and in some cases the same as on the real test.

Almost anyone can pass exam 700 (DB2 Fundementals). To be a certified DBA, you need to also pass one additional test (depending on the DB2 platform), which is much harder than the 700 test.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Provided Answers: 5
    I have tried the tests at selftestsoftware.com and they are very similar that IBM had on their self test site a while back and they are like the actual tests that are given for certification. The 700 test is fairly easy (in my opinion), while the other test are fairly hard.

Andy

Thanks to everyone for guiding me thru this. I gave the 700 test last week and passed it. The other 3 that gave the exam along with me missed it narrowly I found the exam little tougher for the entry level with many questions requiring deeper examinations of the choices. I was expecting the questions to be more direct but they were challenging. Now I'm thinking about should I give 702 or 703 ? Am confused. What do you guys suggest ?

Raj
    Last edited by rajeds; 09-06-04 at 00:07.

Yes, you are confused. IBM certifies people by roles, and each role requries one or more test to be passed. While roles (and tests) you chose depends on several factors including:

- Platform: DB2 for Linux, UINX, Windows or DB2 for z/OS (OS/390)
    - Certification Role: DBA or Application Developer
    - Version: 7.1 or 8.1
    - Level of expertise: Entry, Intermediate, or Advanced

See http://www-1.ibm.com/certify/certs/rolesi.shtml
    M. A. Feldman

I have been working on DB2 under Z/Series from the last 8 years but I'm not certain if passing 702 DB2 adminstration alone would give the desired role. I have heard that most of people taking 702 only pass it in 2nd attempt.

Any thoughts on the same would be appreciated.

To attain the IBM Certified Database Administrator - DB2 Universal Database V8.1 for z/OS certification, you need to pass exam 700 and 702.

Test 700, IBM DB2 UDB Version 8 Family Fundamentals
    Test 702, IBM DB2 UDB Version 8 for z/OS Database Administration

700 is fairly easy. 702 is harder, but the necessary score to pass is lower.
    M. A. Feldman

help

Quote Originally Posted by rajeds View Post
    I'm planning to appear for 700 Certification in about 2 weeks. I downloaded 6 tutorial from the IBM site. I also attempted mock test at selftestsoftware and got 81%. I'm not using any books for the test. Is that fine ? Please also tell me how different are the actual test questions compared to the questions at selftestsoftware.com

Regards,
    Raj

Hi Raj,

please help me........
    i am looking for exam 700 certification.............
    kindly mail me tutorial for that certification.........
    my email id is abhishekkishan@gmail.com

thanks in advance...........

share with me too pls .. mdthawfeek@gmail.com

thanx
    TJ