Unhappy Unanswered: SQL Server 6.5 recovery of db after drive failure.

Good Morning guys n Gals.

New user on these forums, so basically, hey, how are yas?

I have a bit of a situation, and have done a search - although not much info has turned up relating to my situation (maybe my search was just useless).

Anyways, basically, I run SQL Server 6.5 on NT4 server.
    The disks were striped - not RAIDED.

What happened was, the 4th disk died, and we replaced it with a new blank drive.

Now, I am left with two DAT files (log and data) for my database.
    I cannot remember how large these were created as it was many years ago.

I have no backups.

Reseting the status hasn't worked, also I have tried creating a new DB / Devices (in size similar to those reported in windows), and "moving" the devices to point to the original ones, but no luck: and thus was wondering if anybody had any hint / tips or ideas?

Cheers,
    Jamie

no backup's at all, god this is a nightmare scenario but not at all un-common.

i' don't really know what to say other than root around properties and see if you can garner some kind of information off the remaining data on the sizes they should be, in theory if you've still got the log files left you should be able to get something out of them,

i'd hunt for a diagnostic tool, wish i could help more,

No worries.
    It is a bit of a nightmare scenario, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been in this situation.

Hmm, I thought I had the right sizes - as it was 2.92Gb - which I divided by 1024 to give the amount of Mb - which I used for the data device size.
    The log device size was a flat 500, so that was easy.

Ho Hum .. any reccomendations on diagnostic tools? Cheers!