Unanswered: max tables per query? mysql and multi-table queries?

hello all,

i just got a big dump from SQL Server and need to pull out data from about 11 tables in one query. Problem is that when I run the query in MySQL it never finishes (I only waited about 15 minutes!). Anyway, my question is if there is a maximum number of tables allowed in one query? is there an unofficial limit i should stick to? any advice is helpful.

i know mysql is real quick when it comes to single table searches, but i can't even pull out the data i need. is this a job better suited to another db? is my query written bad?

this is a slimmed down version of the query only using 4 tables. What is going on? i am using a myisam table.

any help is appreciated. Many thanks!!!!!

(i used join syntax also, but this should work)
    SELECT PhotoCollection.CollectionName, Contributor.FirstName, Photo.rawFileName FROM PhotoCollection,PhotoCollectionLK,Contributor,Phot o WHERE PhotoCollection.CollectionID=PhotoCollectionLK.Pho toCollectionID AND Photo.PhotoID=PhotoCollectionLK.PhotoID AND Contributor.ContributorID=Photo.ContributorID;

update...

i used a conversion script and it didn't appear to conver the indexes. that would probably do it huh. anyway, consider this a "case closed" unless there are further comments. i always figure this stuff after posting thanks!