Unanswered: Inserting in an Image type column

Hello, I was wondering, how do I insert a file in an Image type column from the SQL server 2000 corporative administrator? I have a table that contains information about all the programs we run here, and I have a column that I set to image type, I want to put the icon of my programs there..
    Last edited by panchopp; 08-10-04 at 11:49.

Is it SO dificult?

Provided Answers: 54
    What kind of program is a "SQL server 2000 corporative administrator" ??? I suspect that no one here has heard of it, so they don't have any clue what options it provides. The process isn't that difficult from code, but no two applications seem to implement the API quite the same way!

Give us some clues, and we'll at least try to help.

-PatP

I have the spanish version of SQL server 2000 (i'm from Argentina) , and my best translation for "Administrador Corporativo" was "Corporative Administrator", when really it's the SQL Server Enterprise Manager (now I realize), so I guess that's why you couldn't get it. Now, I know it should be simple, but I can't find how to load an "image" type column anywhere!

Provided Answers: 54
    If you find a way to load a file (or anything else) into an image column using SQL Enterprise Manager, please let me know! I've never found a way to do that either (but then again I've never tried all that hard).

Loading a file into an IMAGE column via code is pretty simple. There is a good article that explains it.

It is fairly easy to load an image using BCP, but I've always done that into brand new rows.

-PatP

So it wasn't that simple.. Thanks very much, i'll take a look at those