Unanswered: problems of archive log mode!

Hi,
    I was in archivelog mode and because of storage lack on server which Oracle is running and logs are creating suddenly system crashed and I restart the server machine then I decided to change the path of redo logs from EM->Configuration->recovery to another place on server but it errors.Finally I just force the Oracle to nonarchivelog mode.Any other thing I could?
    -thanks in advance

Provided Answers: 1
    If there is a lack of storage on your server then changing destination paths won't solve the problem - you'll still have no more storage space.
    It looks like you need to get more disk space or stay in nonarchivelog mode (which is not necessarily a bad thing - it depends on what the Db is used for & how critical the data is).
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.

If the archiver does not have space to write, the whole database stops, no new transactions can be made and no new users can logon. The situation can be resolved only by:

ALTER SYSTEM SET log_archive_dest_1 = 'location that has space';

1 can be different number if you archive logs to more than one destination.

This command should be executed even if you free up space in the same location, it won't start archiving until you give this command.

You may laso need to change the parameter:

log_archive_min_succeed_dest = 1

as it defined the minimal number of locations that the archiving should seccessfully finish.