I have set the conditions in the Tables as well as the form, for some reason could it be that it is an access bug?
By the way the record source for the combo box is a value list and not referring to a table? does that help?
I have an excel worksheet with rows 1-10 for example on column A for example.
I copy the 10 rows at one go and paste it into the access form with the limit to list enabled.
But even though the source contains other than the value list specified, it still accepts entries.
However if we go row by row, it works, but if i go more than 1 it doesn't.
I think that's just plain silly, there must be a way other than using the import function. Being able to paste into the database straight from excel shouldn't be a problem. Well thats what I think, anyone else encountered this before?
When you paste multiple records, it is inserting them all at one time and is not checking against the database rules that you have set up. Perhaps this is crazy, but I have found many things in access that do not work the way I want them to. I have had to use alternate methods to get it to work. In your case, I would create an import. Actually, I would have started with an import since it gives me so much more control for checking the data. Yes it is duplication of work, but what is the alternative? You can ask Microsoft to fix it, or wait for them to release the code to open source, so you can fix it yourself. For the sake of productivity, I decided to fix my problems myself and not fret (too much) about this or that not working the way I think it should. I don't think I should sometimes get a 'Module not found' error when I rename a form until it is compacted. I don't think I should have to get file in use errors when compacting or creating an mde when I am on my system and am the only one using the file. I could come up with dozens of examples, but I won't.
The reason is RickyB77, I am dealing with something like around 500 different excel worksheets with a total of 4000+ rows of data. I suppose I could do a replace and find function, but it would still take time to put all the files together into a single excel file for it to make sense.
Thanks jmrSudbury for sharing your experiences. At least it keeps me aware that access's limit to list function doesn't work if I paste multiple records, among other problems with you highlight to me . Its going to be a real bummer for all the data that I have to work with, guess I will just change it in Access once all the "wrong" data has been inserted.
Thanks for your time people. Just have to work around it. Will let you know if I come up with anything.