Unanswered: Convert Text to Time

Dear all,

I have 30 tables with the same stracture (01 to 30). One of the fields is "Duration" but has a "Text" data type. It is text since i have to manipulate the data so that they look the same. If i convert them straight to date/time they become messed up and i cannot get correct results (second become minutes etc).

I want to find a fast way through sql, macro, or VB to convert the Duration from "Text" to "Date/Time". I don't want to do it manually, since it will have to be done for all tables and it will take too long.

It is the last problem i have to solve before i can make the database work.

Any ideas? If yes, can you provide me with the full code?

Thank you

George

Quote Originally Posted by rousoug
    Dear all,

I have 30 tables with the same stracture (01 to 30). One of the fields is "Duration" but has a "Text" data type. It is text since i have to manipulate the data so that they look the same. If i convert them straight to date/time they become messed up and i cannot get correct results (second become minutes etc).

I want to find a fast way through sql, macro, or VB to convert the Duration from "Text" to "Date/Time". I don't want to do it manually, since it will have to be done for all tables and it will take too long.

It is the last problem i have to solve before i can make the database work.

Any ideas? If yes, can you provide me with the full code?

Thank you

George
    CDate is the function you want to use ... What does the "Duration" text look like?
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

It looks like "00:00:00"