Hi there!

When I try to delete a XML schema that was registered to the database with dbms_xmlschema.registerschema() I don't get an answer (not even an error) from my server.

Details:

I registered a XML schema (that was created as resource before):

begin
dbms_xmlschema.registerschema(
schemaurl=>'http://localhost/a_topic/a_title.xsd',
schemadoc=>sys.urifactory.geturi('/home/a_user/xsd/a_title.xsd'))
end;
/



I added a XML document to my database witch fits to the XML schema:

declare
ret boolean;
begin
ret := dbms_xdb.createresource(
'/home/a_user/a_topic/a_title.xml',
'*content of the XML document*');
end;
/



I deleted the XML document:

declare
ret boolean;
begin
dbms_xdb.deleteresource('/home/a_user/a_topic/a_title.xml');
commit;
end;
/



Everything was fine until I also tried to delete my XML schema:

begin
dbms_xmlschema.deleteSchema(
schemaurl=>'http://localhost/a_topic/a_title.xsd',
delete_option=>dbms_xmlschema.delete_cascade_force );
commit;
end;
/


Now the application (e.g. a WebService or Oracle SQL*Plus) performing these query is hanging up.

Important: This "error" only occurs when I create and then delete a XML document in the database. Simple registering and deleting of a XML schema works.

Hoping for some useful answers,

Jan Funke.