Unanswered: database consistent no

I'm new to DB2 on AIX. We recently have had many problems with hardware. Everytime we looked at the db2diag log, DB2 said it went through successful recovery. However, I just did a db2 get db cfg, and the output says

Database is consistent = NO

I have heard about DBVERIFY. Is this something I should perform. Is this a problem? This is our production database. Do I need to do a "List indoubt transactions"?

Thanks
    Anthony

I think I found my answer. Should have searched on the site first. Found old entry below:

You need not worry about that database cfg parameter when applications are connected to it ...

There is atleast one occasion when the database consistent is no - when there is an uncommitted transaction ...

This should be YES if there are no applications connected and/or the db is deactive ...

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Thumbs up Try with the restart database

Try with the "restart database dbname" command after the connections and sessions are out.

The Database Consistent parameter will change to YES.

Mrln

The usage notes say to only use this command "Restart Database" if a connection gets the error message that the database needs to be restarted. How would I know if that message was given to anyone? The previous entry I got from an old entry in this forum said that the database will show inconsistent as long as there are connections to the database and not all the rows that need to be committed have been. Is there an issue here, or when I start the database normally next time(after force applications all and db2stop and db2start), will the database show consistent then? I think this will be the case. Let me know if you think I need to run this "restart database" command.

Thanks
    Anthony

Anthony,

re-start the instance , that will resolve Database is consistent = NO issue

db2stop
    db2start

then check it

Let me know , if any questions or issues

Thank you
    Lekharaju Ennam
    Certified Oracle8i & DB UDB DBA
    Florida A&M University

Since you have had problems with the hardware , the safest bet is to stop the instance and restart it as suggested by Lekharaju ... If the database state is still inconsistent, then you may have to investigate further ...
    I would also suggest a backup and a db2iupdt to be extra sure you do not loose data

As suggested in the old post, database consistent NO is not a problem under normal circumstances ...

HTH

sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Thanks for the input guys.