Unanswered: Subform Problem When Table Is Empty

I have a main form which is built from a query (query1). I have a subform that is built from another query (query2). Currently my main table has one record in it but the many table is empty. When I run the form, I get the following error:

"The LinkMasterFields property setting has produced this error: 'The object doesn't contain the Automation object 'TableA01."

If I add a record to the many table, the form loads fine. It is not guaranteed that the many table will have records however. How can I get the form and subform to load properly if the subform table is empty?

Thank You,

Becky McDermott

How did you setup your relationships?

JS
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs

Yes, I have the relationships set up fine. As long as I have at least one record in the table, the subform (based on a query) works fine. But if the table is empty, I get the error message.

That is very odd. I cant think of any solution that I know. Could you possibly attach a sample database with which we could work?

JS
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs

Is your query for the subform an updateable one? does it allow addition? This could be due to the fact that the subform must point to a new record whenever it is empty.

this may be the cause of the problem?

Cyherus