Exclamation Unanswered: Scripts in Filemaker 6.1, HELP!

I know this may sound like a really simple question to some of you but I'm struggling to get to grips with the 'scripts' system in filemaker. All I would like to do is set up a process that will allow me to send out a mailshot e-mail telling people what marks they got in a test during our courses. I know it's possible but every time I read the manual, my head hurts and I have to lie in a darkened room for a bit!

Can anyone cast some light on this? Please?

Hi, GE! Yeah, its kinda easy yet kinda not... It's been a while, but I think what you do is use the Send Mail script step to send e-mail via your personal computer's default e-mail client (such as Eudora, Mail, or Outlook). You can use a record's fields for the headers and use a CALC FIELD to generate the message body. When the script is executed, FM will open your default e-mail client and auto-generate the message for you. You then have to manually hit the SEND button unless you automate that, too.

It's been years since I've done this, though, so I'm kinda hazy on the details. If you get stuck, I can look up what we did and give you step-by-step instructions.
    --ST