Unanswered: Connection to 'Unlocking'?

We are using an Access 2002 front-end with SQL Server 2000 as the database.

There is a table (dbo_PrivateGroup) that if you try to open it in the table view, in a query, in a report, or through the application, you get the following Error message:

ODBC--connection to 'unlocking' failed.

Does anyone know what this means and how I am supposed to get around this?

I tried it on the actual server itself and I can read the table through Access, through the application when it is running, and through Enterprise Manager. This machine is logged in with "Administrator" as the user id.

The table is on a different database than the other tables in the application.

It is a user table. And I checked the permissions and all users have select, insert, and delete permissions allowed. However, when I go to look at the columns property, none are checked for any user and when I go to check the boxes for all columns, I hit Apply, then Close. When I go back into that screen for that given user, the columns weren't saved.

My database knowledge is creating tables, stored procedures, and triggers. They don't have a DBA here and my knowledge is limited. Is the problem in SQL Server or Access?

I don't know if any of this makes sense. But if it does, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by SteppinRazor; 08-11-04 at 13:58.