Unanswered: Position Announcement: Senior Systems Architect
Sr. Systems Architect
Location: Portland, Or
• Build and maintain technical operations infrastructure including RedHat Linux servers running MySQL, Sun Solaris servers running Oracle 9i RAC, NetScreen firewalls, Cisco switches, F5 load balancing, EMC storage area network.
• Organize and manage projects including operating system upgrades, new application deployment, UNIX/network/SAN platform extension.
• Design, build, and test backup and recovery systems.
• Create and manage continuous monitoring system that automatically reports network outages, system outages, disk utilization and other key metrics to the team to minimize downtime.
• Work with the support organization to address technical issues.
• Diagnose root cause of issues, resolve system and database issues and work
with the software development organization to resolve application issues.
• Diagnose root cause of issues, resolve system and database issues and work with the software development organization to resolve application issues.
• Perform day-to-day operational tasks required to keep the business running as needed .
• Provide 24x7 on-call support as needed.
• 5+ years in UNIX (Solaris/Linux) administration with exposure to new Sun and Dell equipment.
• Solid understanding of UNIX, TCP/IP, systems and network security.
• Strong understanding of Storage Area Networks.
• Excellent technical and project management skills.
• Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong inter-personal and communication skills; demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with customers, senior management and third parties.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Direct experience with Dell, RedHat Linux, Sun V240s, Solaris 9, Veritas SFORAC 4.0, Oracle 9i RAC, EMC Clarion SANS, Cisco switches, F5 load balancers, NetScreen firewalls a major plus.
Salary commensurate with experience
401k plan with up to 4% matching
Medical benefits including dental and vision
Section 125 plan
Co-payment of health club monthly dues.