Question Unanswered: Changing from Access97 to Access2002

Hi,

My work has entrusted me with the job to ensure that our Access97 modules are able to run in Access2002. (Silly people!!!)

I am a newbie in relation to VB code.

Could someone please explain in simple terms the issues I may face when moving Access97 modules to Access2002.

Thanking you in advance,
    LydiaB

Make sure that you have dowloaded and installed the latest Office updates and Service packs and there are a few of them. (Last known Office XP SP is 3). If you are using VBA code (DAO and/or ADO) make sure that the libraries are installed and are available to be referenced. Conversion does not always install the reference libraries and you have to check. If you have any special configurations in the Startup and options, make sure that they exist in 2002. I know of no issues involving tables and queries except the default datasheet font is missing and so far I found no reference to correcting it. Form and report behaviour may not be the same and you may have to adjust some settings. Good luck.

Thanks ineuw.

I have successfully run the code in Access 2003 with 82,000 records. Hooray!

However when I run the same code for 384,610 records the file size explodes to over 2GB and Access crashes (size limit 2GB). After only completely one third of the module.

Why could this be happening?

What's the best way of fixing it? and what's the quickest way of fixing it?

Thanking you in advance,
    LydiaB