Thread: draw grid & box

Unhappy Unanswered: draw grid & box

Dear Sir/Madam,
    Can someone be kind enough to share me some tips to draw grid? I know it is too demanding..but i will do it by myself as long as i am guided.Thanks.

draw grid? could you explain a bit?
    ghozy.

Hi ghozy,
    glad tat u replied! I want to have a form to allow me to input 2 figures (length & width) so that a gris can b plotted. For example, a big sheet of paper size is length 30" x width 8", if first figure 10" (length) is input, it will plot 3 lines across 30" (cos 30" divided by 10" equals to 3) and same goes to width. Is it clear? Thanks.

are you going to print this? or it is only for scrren view?
    ghozy.

to input, to view & print.

then you can use a Report for this operation. Report object have 3 methods called Line, Circle and Pset. in On Page Event of the Report you can draw things like:
    Code:
    Me.Line(flags, x1, y1, x2, y2, color)
    Me.Circle(flags, X, Y, radius, color, start, end, aspect)
    Last edited by ghozy; 08-13-04 at 09:39. Reason: typo
    ghozy.

Hi ghozy,
    Thanks for the tips. However, wat codes to be written in the form? TQ

sorry I can only show you the way to do it. I don't have time to write actual code at the moment, because I'm checking this forum at work. but your form will need 2 textboxes and 1 button. when user clicks the button it will open the report. and all calculatiing and drawing stuff will be done in the report's on page event.
    ghozy.

ghozy,
    Thanks anyway. BTW, any sample of coding similar to mine available in the forum so that i can take a look? Or any websites? I also dont want to trouble you so much.

if you don't need this immediately I can write some code for you this weekend. if you need something fast, you can check this article which shows how to draw a box in to reports.
    http://www.databasejournal.com/featu...le.php/3104211
    ghozy.

Hi ghozy,
    I'm so thankful that you want write the codes for me. No problem, I can wait, just do it when you are less busy. In the meatime, I'll check the link you gave. Thanks a lot.

Hi ghozy,
    Since you want to help me writting some codes, I also have to do something rather than just sit & wait.Pls check my attachment for better understanding.
    Can you fine tune it so that the grid can be drawn inside the OLEBound300:? And the grid also must be plotted according to the big size & cut size, is it all right? Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

that's an advanced example. I didn't know you can use regular Vb forms in Access. so I'm newbie on this subject as much as you are.

my idea was creating a dynamic report based on values from the form. though I didn't have time to open computer this weekend at home. it was a busy one.

one thing I noticed Access doesnt let me create 30'' report, probably because I don't have proper printer installed.
    ghozy.

Truthfully,it was not written by me. I was thinking that you could fine tune here & there for me. Or do you know anyone who is able to do it? Anyway, thanks for your effort.

Quote Originally Posted by ghozy
    that's an advanced example. I didn't know you can use regular Vb forms in Access. so I'm newbie on this subject as much as you are.
    I didn't know that either. I've used them in Excel but have never seen them in Access. I can think of many uses for vb Userforms. Check this out explains how to add a user form. You can go to customise Toolbar to get the userform button and add it to the insert menu. Check this out:

A Different Type Of Access Form - The UserForm
    http://www.vb123.com/toolshed/03_map/userforms.htm

seanyeap, have you thought of using an activeX control on a Form? There's the MS Office Spreadsheet object that gives a grid just like an excel sheet on a form. I'm sure this could be minipulated with VB to change size if needed.
    Last edited by savbill; 08-17-04 at 00:15.
    ~

Bill