Unanswered: autoexpand property in textbox

Hallo,
    I'm trying to get a control that has the look of a textbox (no arrow and no drop down list) but has the property of a combobox (the property I'm interested is the autoexpand).
    Does someone know if this is (im)possible?

thanks

On click or ongotfocus you could make a hidden list control appear and get focus. on exit of the list box you could hide it again. If both the list box and the textbox are bound to the same column, then it should work without any extra coding.

mmm.... well, maybe I wasn't clear: the aim is a textbox with autoexpand capacity (autoexpand property is the one that while you are writing it will suggest you how to continue by adding the rest of the word/sentence; like in excel). This property exist in comboboxex but not in textboxes, so I was thinking to get a combo and make it look like a textbox, that means without dropdown list and without arrow.

i have understood and fully internalised what you want.
    the why (...& how) is still absent

tell us how you think it should operate.

your not-combo or arrowless-combo or textbox-with-rowsource has the following (deliberately not sorted in my example) data behind it:
    smite
    smith
    smythe
    smithies

and you type "sm"
    ...what are you waiting to see happen at this stage?

...also, (assuming whatever-is-the-arrowless-combo-equivalent-of no additions or confine to list is set), what do you expect to happen when you type "smz"

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

in other words he wants an autocomplete txtbox that draws upon a field but wants the user to typr a few letters...Like on this and another forum I have auto complete on. So when I type Rg, "rguy84" automatically pops up then my password pops in that box. But if I type Rh nothing happens.

Davide- like izy said what do you want to happen when Rh is typed?
    Ryan
    My Blog