Question Unanswered: error while loading 'Form_formname'

when an end user trys to open a form it displays an error "error while loading 'Form_formname'" the user then clicks ok and it sends them into vb. this is only happening on 2 users the rest are fine. do you have any thoughts?

Are they all pulling from the same datasource or are they in different locations? What version of access are you using and on what operating system? Are the two users on the same access version/operating system combo which is different from everyone else?

One set of clients had trouble with a 3197 error that intermittently set the form fields to #Error. No other locations were having trouble with that program. I ended up rebuilding the entire system from scratch after a month of trying to figure out what the problem was. It ended up not being related to my code, so I am still at a loss for why it happened. Is there an error number associated with the form error? Is there more text? Did you walk through the opening of the form on those users' systems? Is it an intermittent problem?

using access 2002

I am useing access 2002 with windows xp and I have tryed to find out what is different between the users. the computers are the same everything is the same. I am down to the point were I may reinstall windows. but I do not know if I should do this. I have uninstalled access and reinstalled but it did not change the outcome. if you need anymore information let me know. thanks

"it sends them into VB" ...where in VB? which statement?

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

in to the visual basic programing in access and it is linked to nothing you cant reserch anything in there all you can do is close the window. it is really odd. I am reinstalling windows on one of the laptops now to see if that works. but even if it dose I do not know what caused this and there is no way to prevent it from happening again. if anyone knows anything about this please let me know!

thanks

reinstall did not work
    Last edited by dpulvino; 08-12-04 at 13:15.

"normally" (OK, it shouldn't be that normal to fall over into the code) when you crash into the code window you have a hi-lit line somewhere where the code fell over... sometimes mid-code, sometimes on the guilty sub/function header.

if you can't get to there, open the form_load() event (creating a new one if it doesn't already exist) and add a break on the first not-Dim statement (add a spurious...
    msgbox "crap"
    ...line if necessary and break on that)

try this modified rev on the guilty machines, F8 your way thru and find where the code is falling over.

gotta identify the problem before fixing it!

izy

PS: it might be worthwhile checking for references flagged as "missing" on the errant machines
    currently using SS 2008R2

Fixed!

ok well I fixed it! I do not know exactly what happened but we ended up taking the form that was from a backup copy and replacing it in the new database. I figured it would not hurt to replace the form that was running an error and it worked. I am guessing that when you have people logging in from remote locations that disconnect with out closing the database it effects whatever form they are in. thanks for all your help.

dp