Question Unanswered: orphan connections session afte select for update

hello DBA's

my problem is : we are using Java to read and right to the database , we using select for update in some cases, the problem is when the network disconnect between the application and the database . these rows that locked with select for update keeped locked even the session is not active any more because there is no network.

my question is : how i can identify these sessions and kill theme by force , and why oracle did not do this operation automaticlly

thanx

unix command-line:
    Code:
    ps -ef | grep oracle
    then:
    Code:
    kill -9 pid#
    - The_Duck
    you can lead someone to something but they will never learn anything ...

Exclamation how can do that from oracle

i need to do it form oracle meaning:
    when i rerun my application , i need the application to identify automaticlly these sessions(dead sessions) and kill them.

You can set the following parameter in the "$ORACLE_HOME\network\admin\sqlnet.ora" file:

sqlnet.expire_time=N
    Enables dead connection detection, that is, after the specifed time N (in seconds) the server checks if the client is still connected. If not, the server process exits. This parameter must be set on the server.

If it doesn't work, check Metalink for your db version and available patch sets cause this feature, has several bugs.
    Regards,
    Manf