Unanswered: Passing unbound column values from form to query or report HELP!

hi everyone...I have a form where a user selects a value from an unbound column, and then after selecting the value and clicking a button a report will generate based on a query that is dependant on the form values. So the combo box has two columns, the invisible column contains the unique id which the query uses to calculate, the second column is the visible column with a text entry that makes it easy for the user to read and understand. The second visible column with the text value I also need to put on the report, now I realize that the report will only use data from the query, so I put an expression in there such as

Code:
    forms!form1.combo1
    This gives me the numerical value, which I dont want in this instance. I cant seem to find something that would allow me to designate which column I could get the value from. I was thinking of something like this:

forms!form1.combo1.column2

if that sort of possibility would be possible that would be a simple and elegent solution, is this possible? What is the property I have to replace column2 with in order to get the correct value to pass from my form to my query and consequently from my query to my report? Thanks.

forms!form1.combo1.column(1)
    ghozy.

Thanks for the reply. I tried to do what you mentioned, and it gives me the following error:

Code:
    undefined function ' Forms![Reportcriteria]![subcategory].column' in expression
    Do you know why I am getting this error...what the problem is?

I found a solution online, just to help out future readers here is the solution:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;101673

I hope this helps others too.

yes, access thinks it is a function, but it is actually a referencelist. so it gives that error when can't find the column() in function list.
    ghozy.