Red face Unanswered: 2 access questions here....please helppppp!!!!!

I need to know who to have access automatically send myself an email when someone updates(saves) information in my database.

the second question is how can i get a border in a form to flash all the time.

Please help me with this.....this is my last option.

thanks
    mandee

you can use sendobject method in your form's afterupdate event
    SendObject(ObjectType, ObjectName, OutputFormat, To, Cc, Bcc, Subject, MessageText, EditMessage, TemplateFile)
    Code:

DoCmd.SendObject , , acFormatTXT, _
    	"Nancy@davolio.com; Andrew@Fuller.com", "joan@weber.com" , , _
    	"Current Spreadsheet of Employees", , False
    which border you are trying to flash? window border?
    Last edited by ghozy; 08-12-04 at 15:56. Reason: typo
    ghozy.

Red face Thanks/Border

no not the window border but a text box border in the switchboard form.

Thank you for the help with the email to......i will try that now.....

I can't give an example, I never tried, but with a timer event you should be able to switch any object in a form between visible and invisible. which you can posibly do it to a rectangle on the form.
    Last edited by ghozy; 08-12-04 at 15:55. Reason: typo
    ghozy.

Red face Email Not Working!!!!!!! Please Help Me!!!!!

To let you know i know nothing about codes and stuff so the following code could be wrong....what i am looking for is a way have access automatically send me an email when someone saves data in the form. can someone pleasae help me...........please..........please.........

the code i have is:

DoCmd.SendObject , , acFormatTXT, _
    "Nancy@davolio.com; Andrew@Fuller.com", "joan@weber.com" , , _
    "Current Spreadsheet of Employees", , False

which someone else gave me....i am sure it is right but unfortunatly i do not know what to do with it at all.....please help

What email program are your clients using? Outlook asks users whether or not they really want to send the email. Netscape may need the email addresses to be reentered manually. Eudora requires the user to enter their password. Opera and Pegasus mail programs do not support MAPI on which SendObject relies. Are you getting an error message? Did you put your code into the AfterUpdate event of the form?

I gave the code sample. You need to go to Your Form's Properties then Event Tab, Find After Update Event and click ... next to it. it will open VB code screen, add this sample code into that. though don't forget to change email addresses to what you need. they are fake address obviously. after that whenever a record changes, it will send you an email.
    ghozy.

yes, also as sudbury said, you can hardly send an email without noticing the user. It is a security issue. to do that you need to create your own SMPT server, which entirely a different story. the code I gave tries to do it silently but it relies on the email software installed on the machine. therefore it is bound to rules of such softwares.
    ghozy.

Talking

Hi Mandee,

As far as a flashing border I don't know. HOWEVER, you can do what I have done and create a flashing LABEL, and thereby place whatever inside of it you need, though it won't be for data entry, only a flashing notification of something. Anyway here goes:

Go to the form of your choosing in Designview. DoubleClick the upper-left corner of the form and go to the Properties. When that opens scroll down to the OnTimer event and click on the (....) to open a module.
    When it opens you will see "Private Sub Form_Timer()" on the top line and
    "End Sub" on the bottom.
    In between those lines insert this:

Me.lblYourLabelName.Visible = Not Me.lblYourLabelName.Visible

What that means is for the label of my control names YourLabelName to be Visible and Not Visible so this is what you should end up with,(supposing you have a control named Transact Now:

Code:
      Private Sub Form_Time()

Me.lblTransactNow.Visible = Not Me.lblTransactNow.Visible

End Sub
    Finally, on the property sheet you previously opened look just below the OnTimer event and see Interval. Play around with the Flashing Intervals that suit your need. Hint, 1000 flashes every Second.

That's it. As to whether it can be adapted to other things I have no idea.
    Hope this helps out some.

have a nice day,
    Bud

Exclamation Thanks....But Still need help!!!

I am using lotusnotes so i am not sure if the code will work and about the flashing label.....for some reason it does not work.....i go into the properties and there is no ontimer event and then go into the code builder and add the timer...(i put in the code) but when i go back to the form there is not an interval section either.....what am i doing wrong can this be done.....if its easier you can email me at highcat_18@yahoo.com.....thanks for the help thusfar....its much appreciated...