Question Unanswered: "Cannot access file 'Admin'. File in use"

I have an Access 2000 database, split fe/be that is being hosted on a server and accessed via Terminal Services. We have 10 user licenses and maybe 3-5 concurrent users on average. I am not using Access security, I'm controlling update capability form by form, based on a security table I have set up inside the database.

The problem: We keep getting an error "Cannot access file 'Admin'. File in use". One user will get the error and not be able to open the database at all. If one of two users log out, the first person can get in and everything is fine. This can happen to any user, anytime.

They each have a copy of the Frontend in their profiles. I've never had this problem outside of Terminal Server, but I'm not very familiar with it to know.

Thanks!

When I set up Terminal Servers with access, I set up a directory that has a folder for each user. In each user's folder is a main menu mde and all other front ends to which they have access. They each run their own copy of the front end, so there are no file contention issues. When Main Menu is run, it checks to make sure the user's folder has the most up-to-date versions of the front end clients and redistributes to them if any need to be updated. As well, if they only have access to one front end, then main menu launches that and shuts itself down.

Sounds like a pretty slick way to manage things! In this instance, our users only have one database that they are accessing, so the Main Menu thing is not necessary, but I might keep that in mind for other applications! We did set up the individual folders, copy the frontend to them, but we are still getting the message. I don't understand if everyone is accessing a seperate database (in reality) why we would be having this problem. I probably need to be sure all the shortcuts were changed to the individual directories. I was assured they were, but I didn't see it.

Thanks for your help.

Other things to check are that they are not running in exclusive mode (the shortcut does not have /excl tacked onto it). I like having a main menu anyway because I can get them to automatically get a new version. I no longer have to wait until everyone is out to distribute (copy) the front end to all the home directories. It automatically distributes if they have an old version. As well, are people disconnecting instead of exiting the program and logging off the terminal server properly? This may be a cause of some of the problems. With my setup, when they exit all front ends, it automatically logs them off.