Thread: sql.bsq missing

Unhappy Unanswered: sql.bsq missing

Hi,
    i'm trying to create an oracle9i database but the ORA-01526 appear in the CREATE DATABASE...process. The message say that it's not possible to open the SQL.BSQ file. This file was not created during the oracle9i installation!!!
    What's the reason? What can i do?
    Thanks

not sure why sql.bsq has not been copied, check if this exists in the $ORALCE_HOME/dbs directory...otherwise copy it fro another install or server and run this.

Provided Answers: 1
    "ORA-01526 error in opening file 'string'

Cause: CREATE DATABASE was not able to open the specified file. This is probably due to a system installation error.

Action: Retry your system installation procedure or contact Oracle Customer Support."

If you haven't got somewhere else to copy the file from I'd do as is says above & retry the installation procedure.
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.

Provided Answers: 1
    "ORA-01526 error in opening file 'string'

Cause: CREATE DATABASE was not able to open the specified file. This is probably due to a system installation error.

Action: Retry your system installation procedure or contact Oracle Customer Support."

If you haven't got somewhere else to copy the file from I'd do as is says above & retry the installation procedure.
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.