We have developed and deployed an ERP in a pharmaceutical company. Now a separate division has been created and has the applicability of most of the modules in the ERP but with 10 - 30% dissimilarities in the business processes. I am heading the project and in a Dilemma.
Pls. guide me on the following -
1. When should we create a new database.
2. When should we create a new schema.
3. When should I add a new table in the same schema.
4. When should I add additional columns in the existing tables.
1) Add a new database when the boss tells you to
2) Create a news schema if there are seven or more tables in your present schema
3) Add a table to the existing schema when a new entity is added to your application (but also see #2)
4) Add new columns to the tables when the columns that exist won't hold new data.