Question Unanswered: Another DB2 Restore Nightmare

So I spent 20 hours on the net figuring out the basic issues of restoring in DB2 on Windows2003. Wasted 4 days just to transfer a single file so I could develop offsite. Felt pretty good about myself when it restored, even right there in the gui with no CLP session!

Then one of the tables disappeared - must have been one of those extraneous clicks when that awful slow go java go db2 interface was lagging.

So I confidently dropped the database and created it from the backup again...

Now I was working on stored procedures so this kind of message isn't exactly off the wall, but since the folder and all the files under the NODE0000 folder that used to represent the previous database are gone and the only thing there is a new database folder with a clean copy of the database with no stored procedures in it anywhere.

So where does it think it's getting this information?

[IBM][CLI Driver] SQL2048N An error occurred while accessing object "SQL PROCEDURE FILES". Reason code: "7".

And, btw, where do you go to associate a 'reason code' with whatever kind of code 'SQL2048N'?

Message Reference, Volume 2

You can download the DB2 manuals from
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Well never mind then.

Ok, I got the part about the manuals.

But what worked was rebooting the DB2 machine.

So let's forget about trying to figure out what it was holding on to this time.