Smile Unanswered: How to upgrade default buffer size in DB2 on Linux

Hi

I am working on IBM UDB DB2 V7.1 on Linux.

I had create 2 Database in DB2.
    Database Name : 1) BILL 2) WEB (two different database).

Now I want to upgrade my default buffer pool size for both the database. I am not too sure if default buffer pool has already set or not. (Even I don't know how to check if default buffer is active or not). But still I want to upgrade my default buffer pool size 4KB to as per your suggestion for both database.

My Machines have Physical Ram is 640 MB. How much buffer pool memory can allocate to each database.

My Both database are frequently used. Many query has to be coming from web application.

Is there any way to resize my buffer.

Please give me the proper command to increase buffer pool from my default buffer pool and how would know if my buffer pool is active or not. (I am not familiar with Create and Alter Command). So please guide me which command is use for increase buffer pool

Please help me as it is very urgent needed.

Thanks in Advance.

Udi

Instead of changing the default bufferpool parm, it is best to change the bufferpool size for each bufferpool directly. You can do this with the alter bufferpool statement, or use the Control Center.

Remember that the bufferpool size is expressed in pages. On your 640 MB machine, I would allocate a total of about 256MB to your DB2 bufferpools (total amount of all bufferpools for all active databases). If your only bufferpools have a 4K page size, set the number of pages to about 30,000 for each of the two bufferpools (one in each database).
    Last edited by Marcus_A; 08-16-04 at 10:38.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Smile

What is the command to display how much set current buffer pool and if it is active or not.

As you said, I shall allocate 256 MB Bufferpool to my per database buffer pool is I'm right! (As my both database is active) and How many pages have to set if i am going to use 256 MB Buffer size.

And 256 MB Buffer Size that means 4K? or 8K? or 32K?

Thank is Advance....