Unanswered: tech's are so funny

Ok a network tech put an executive assistants database on sql with the upsize wizard in access. Only problem is that she cant input anything into the database, my guess is that its due to no Primary key in the new sql table. I have had this problem before am I correct in my assumptions???

Provided Answers: 54
    I don't know for sure, but that would be my first guess!

-PatP

ok

Ok I created a primary key for her now she can enter data

Provided Answers: 54
    Darned if your first guess wasn't a good one!

You have to love Techs... Kind of like sea otters, they are great fun to watch while they play! They do work so hard to entertain us.

-PatP

Ok

ok I think the problem is solved now. the thing is that this database emails updates to other departments also, and I want to make sure that still happening. He used the Upsize wizard in access, it created alot of stored procedures, my suspensions are that they are based the vb programming that was in the forms properties [Event Procedure]. Time will tell I guess

Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan
    Darned if your first guess wasn't a good one!

You have to love Techs... Kind of like sea otters, they are great fun to watch while they play! They do work so hard to entertain us.

-PatP
    Pat that statement is so true and so funny, the day the tech created that database was the day I pestered into assisting him. What turn into a refresh my memory turn into a stressful situation for me, every time there was a snag for him there was one for me. I would give him suggestions on what to do and he would get mad cause he either didnt understand or he was annoyed cause he had to ask me for help. One of his statement I had to completely redo...go figure.

You should find a nice helpdesk job for him.
    MeanOldDBA
    derrickleggett@hotmail.com
    When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.