Unanswered: unable to create the data access page....The file does not exist, or you do not have

Im having a problem with saving something as a data access page. Im trying to save a form as this, and I get the error message "Microsoft Access is unable to create the data access page....The file does not exist, or you do not have read access to this file"

I have read access to it, so thats not the problem.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

You are trying to save a form as a data access page? Or are you creating a data access page that resembles a form? I dont quite understand.

JS
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs

With access 2002 your supposed to be able to take a form and save it as a data access page.

I'm taking an Access 2000 database (which was converted from 97) and converting it to an Access 2002 database. I'm then trying to take a form and saving it as a data access page. When I do the afore mentioned error pops up.

The first form I use is for navigation to other processes. That page will convert. The form I'm trying to convert is an entry form that is connected to a database but also includes some subforms.

I tried creating a new form with two fields from the database, saved it and tried to save it as a Data Access Page and i got the same error.

If I just create a Page with two fields it will save.

I was just hopeing to save some time by converting the form it says your supposed to be able to.
    Last edited by pmslic; 08-16-04 at 17:11. Reason: additional info

Hi,

I've had the same problem this week. Searched around but no answer on the web.

I've been using DAP's for while and have suddenly got this error message:

"Microsoft Access is unable to create the data access page. The file does not exist, or you do not have read access to the file."
    There is a Microsoft help page 293357 that mentions using a SQL statement not an object for a combo or list box but I don't have anty of those. Also my error message is slightly different.

The other forms on the database convert to DAP perfectly, just not this one. Any ideas why? I'm desperate to not have recreate the form from scratch!

Thanks

Richard