Unanswered: IDENTITY Problems Updating ZipCode Table

I am having problems updating my zip code table that contains zip, city, state, long, lat, ect..

I have the latest CSV file, I tried to use the import wizard in SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager.
    I set the ID field as <ignore> and specified the appropriate columns for the rest of the data matching from CSV to already designed and working zip code table. Also I checked the box that said "Delete Rows in Destination Table" as well as "Enable Identity Insert" was checked

I ran the wizard, and now I have empty table and it will not insert any records because the error said that the identity column can not accept NULL.

What do I do? I am not updating the identify column so Is it telling me it can't insert NULL into ID?

Any suggestions...

Thanks,
    Lito

Quote Originally Posted by lito
    I set the ID field as <ignore>
    as well as "Enable Identity Insert" was checked
    error said that the identity column can not accept NULL.
    You are inserting NULL into the ID field, because you have "<ignore>" selected for the ID column, and "Enable Identity Insert" checked. You need to uncheck "Enable Identity Insert" and this should work.

Red face Done!

For the 5th Time I repeated the process and this time i did not check "Enable Identity Insert" and it worked.

Sory to bother you, I was just getting frustrated with this stupid problem

Provided Answers: 54
    That's Ok... I think the reason that most of us hang out here is to give folks a hand (and occaisionally make the others say "Doh, why didn't I think of that!"). As long as life is good now, that is all that counts!

-PatP